«I have a dream…»
Martin Luther King
- to teach students and academics of legal clinics the basics of mediation;
- create and develop a regional network of mediation promotion agents based on legal clinics;
- to establish horizontal cooperation of legal clinics, as well as cooperation of legal clinics with mediation and human rights NGOs and professional mediators.
- legal clinic of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University;
- the Legal Clinic of King Danylo University;
- the legal clinic “Femida” of the PF NAIA;
- the legal clinic V. Stefanyk. PNU.
Project activities began with an organizational meeting at the Legal Clinic of King Danylo University (Ivano-Frankivsk), during which a project roadmap was agreed.
Particularly noteworthy is the organized by the project team of the study of the level of legal and mediation awareness of the population of Chernivtsi and Ivano-Frankivsk regions.
67 % respondents know about the activities of legal clinics;
54 % respondents DO NOT know what mediation is;
52 % respondents want to resolve the dispute without going to court.
Here are some videos from the student consultant survey:
The project team is actively working towards establishing collaboration with Frankivsk mediators, prepearing for students and academis of legal clinics involved in the project training in basic mediation skills, to develop, on the basis of data from legal clinics, a regional network of mediation promotion agents based on their activities , principles, practices for a renewed approach to dispute resolution.
2020 promises to be saturated with events and results, so keep an eye on the project; hashtag: #ЮК_агенти_медіації
“Mediation is not just a dream, it’s a lifestyle,” project manager Lidiya Nesterenko summed up.
The material was prepared by Lidiya Nesterenko and Iryna Romaniuk