We missed Street Law! Did you? We are sure that you did because no quality platform for online communication will replace interactive classes and live interaction. We assure you that there are many more interesting offline events planned by the Association of Legal Clinics of Ukraine.
Meanwhile, we suggest to use the built-up skills of law-education materials development and conducting of Street Law lessons to get ready to leave quarantine with interesting interactive products.
To add inspiration and motivation, the Association of Legal Clinics of Ukraine announces the «FIN $kills» Competition in law-education materials development. Pleasant rewards and exciting events are guaranteed. Students-consultants of legal clinics are invited to participate.
The topic of the Competition is more than relevant – «Financial Literacy and Protection of Financial Services Consumers», as the number of appeals to legal clinics with issues of bad loans, illegal actions of collectors, and financial fraud is continuously increasing. Furthermore, the youth need preparation for self-planning their budget and the basics of financial literacy.
What do you need to participate in the Competition?
- Form a team of 3 people (team leader – teacher-curator, 2 student-consultants).
- Choose one Competition category or all of those that are most interesting to you, given that the first category is compulsory.
- Street Law Interactive Lesson (Compulsory Competition Category)
- Graphic law-education (infographics, booklets, posters, etc.)
- Law-education video (artistic or animated)
- Interactive game (tabletop, computer, mobile application)
- To develop a creative law-education product according to the Rugulations and by 31 May 2020, apply for the Competition in the Google form at the following link: https://forms.gle/G96oAABRkLiQ1Dfr7 and additionally send the works to the Competition email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To await the results of the Competition’s works selection, which will last until 15 June 2020, and to receive an invitation to participate in the large-scale Street Law Festival organized by the Association (the date and details of the event will be announced later).
- According to the results of the evaluation, 10 teams will be selected to participate in the Festival.
- Develop a cool presentation of your work and come to spend interactive and drive time with like-minded people at the Street Law Festival.
- Get the most prizes and impressions from participating in the Festival.
The details of the Competition, the competition requirements and the criteria for the evaluation of the competition works can be found in the Competition Regulations.
Kateryna Datsko – Coordinator of FIN $kills
The Competition was made possible through support provided by the United States Agency for International Development under a grant by the USAID Financial Sector Transformation Project.