We are ready to announce the selection conditions you have been waiting for.
First of all, the initiative submitted to the competition must meet four main features:
1) it must be related to the work of the legal clinic and able to develop its staff (students and/or academics);
2) should provide for the teaming of at least two legal clinics as organizers and obtaining useful consequences (development of staff of legal clinics) at least three legal clinics (including legal clinics-organizers) of one of the regions identified in the Register of legal clinics of Ukraine ;
3) qualitative coverage in the media;
4) to present qualitatively at the final event under the auspices of the Association.
Please also note that an additional advantage will be given:
– Initiatives that build a model of equal sustainable cooperation with partners from state or public networks, which will continue on a regular basis after the project is completed;
– participation in the planning of a joint Ukrainian-Polish initiative of legal clinics or other initiatives developed during the Ukrainian-Polish School of ALCU 2019
– passing a legal monitoring clinic and providing information on the implementation of its recommendations (or agreeing to accept monitoring on the proposal of the Association)
– participation of project promoters in regional leadership development activities or Association training initiatives.
The duration of the initiative may not exceed 6 months.
In terms of financial conditions, three winners will be identified within the competition: one with an estimated budget of UAH 120,000. and two – 90 thousand UAH. The budget of the other initiatives will be agreed upon by the Competition Commission.
The application can be submitted by a legal clinic – a member of the Association according to the register of legal clinics of Ukraine 2019.
By September 1, 2019, a competition commission will be formed to conduct an open competition of local initiatives with the involvement of representatives of partner institutions, which will ensure the quality of project selection.
The winners of the Local Initiatives Competition will be announced on September 20, 2019.
On October 15, plans for implementation of local initiatives projects will be approved and their implementation will begin.
The competition of initiatives of regional development of legal clinics of Ukraine is carried out within the framework of realization of the project “Development of regional leadership and establishment of a model of coordination of the Association of legal clinics of Ukraine”, which is carried out with the support of the International Renaissance Foundation.