On April 22, 2020 an online conference was held on the final event of the regional project “Strengthening Regional and Cross-Sectoral Cooperation of Legal Clinics of Kyiv Region”.
The Legal Clinic “Law and Practice” of Bila Tserkva National Agrarian University implemented the project together with the co-executors:
- Educational and Practical Laboratory “Legal Clinic” of the University of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine – implements an autonomous initiative, entitled “Innovative Teaching Methods in Law Education of Legal Clinics for Secondary School Students”.
- Legal Clinic of the Academy of Advocacy of Ukraine
- Law Clinic “Astrya” of the Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University
- Training Laboratory “Legal Clinic” of the National University “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”
- Legal Clinic “Protection and Justice” of the National University of Bioresources and Natural resources of Ukraine
The innovativeness of the project include:
- introduction of networking of legal clinics of Kyiv region between themselves and partners,
- development of unique products “Maps of the interaction of legal clinics with stakeholders” and “Clinician’s guide for communication with special clients”,
- approbation of the model of cross-sectoral cooperation in other Ukrainian legal clinics and its implementation in the post-project period.
The principal activities carried out as a part of the project embody:
- working meeting of legal clinics aimed at establishing cross-sectoral cooperation in the legal club “Provocateur”;
- visits of student counsellors and teachers to other legal clinics aimed at experience sharing;
- training on the basis of NUSFSU, that included the formation of basic knowledge on the creation and conduct of training for pupils by student-consultants;
- monitoring of primary knowledge in the field of taxes for pupils;
- presentation of methodological developments of the training on the topic: “Taxes are easy!”
- training among Irpin schools on the topic: “Taxes are easy” and schools in Kyiv and Bila Tserkva to form a general idea of the tax system in Ukraine.
During the conference, the project executors presented the results and achievements of clinicians, discussed unique products obtained during project initiatives, exchanged views, ideas and proposals for further cross-sectoral cooperation and effective cooperation of legal clinics of Ukraine with partners and stakeholders.
The project “Developing Regional Leadership and Establishing a Coordination Model of the Association of Legal Clinics of Ukraine” is implemented by the Association of Legal Clinics of Ukraine with the financial support of the International Renaissance Foundation.