In August this year, the Association of Legal Clinics of Ukraine announced the first competition of regional initiatives for legal clinics of Ukraine.
7 legal clinics have agreed to participate in the competition and have submitted their applications. They were evaluated by a professional panel of five experts, three of whom represented a network of legal clinics and two – the partner institution of the Association. The commission includes:
- Andrii Halai – Head of the Association of Legal Clinics of Ukraine, Doctor of Law, Professor
- Yulia Lomzhets – Executive Director of the Association of Legal Clinics of Ukraine, Candidate of Political Science, Associate Professor
- Yaroslav Malyk – representative of the Board + Association of Legal Clinics of Ukraine
- Natalia Bimbiraite – Director of the Information Resource Center “Legal Space”, Head of the Legal Development Network Board, Member of the UHHRU Board, Head of the Sheriffs for New Communities Project
- Olga Osinska – State expert of the Expert Group on Legal Education of the Directorate for Human Rights, Access to Justice and Legal Awareness
So what initiatives have won?
Under the terms of the competition, the commission selected three winners. They became:
Legal clinic “Pro bono” of the National University of Ostroh Academy and the Free Legal Support for Small Business Project
The co-executor of the project will become the Legal Clinic of the Khmelnytsky University of Management and Law.
Legal Clinic of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University and the project “Legal clinics – agents for promoting mediation as a way of resolving disputes”
The co-executor of the project will become the legal clinic of King Danylo University (Ivano-Frankivsk).
The Legal Clinic “Law and Practice” of Bila Tserkva National Agrarian University and the project “Strengthening of Regional and Cross-Sectoral Cooperation of Legal Clinics of Kyiv Region”
The co-executor of the project will become the legal clinic «Protection and Justice» of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine.
The competition of initiatives of regional development of legal clinics of Ukraine has carried out within the framework of realization of the project “Development of regional leadership and establishment of a model of coordination of the Association of legal clinics of Ukraine”, which is carried out with the support of the International Renaissance Foundation.